Quotes I like:

“Not all those who wander are lost.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Losing It

I am visiting my sister. She is just slightly younger than I and we are both over 50 at this point.  We are not quite as old as the ladies in the photo above, but we sometimes think we are.  Lately we have been having problems with communication.  The words just don't come out right.  For instance, the other day I was complaining that my "eggs were lakey". What I meant was "My legs are achy".  Of course that made much more sense than having my eggs be lakey. After all at our ages we have no more eggs!  My sister has also suffered from similar problems with word formation and was trying to say "dislexic" the other day and managed to say "lixdicksia". After I went and changed my underwear, as I had soiled it laughing at this strange turn of a phrase, I told her we really needed to see about this problem we were having. She agreed and we decided to drive to the store to buy some Ginko. Not sure that it would help, but it could't hurt.  When we came back home I exclaimed "Someone is here" as there was a car in the driveway. She looked at me like I had grown a second head and asked what I meant. I said "There's a car in the driveway". She said "Where?"  I said "right there" and pointed to the white sedan parked by the house. She turned to me and said "That is YOUR car!"  Suddenly I realized she was right, it was my car. But to be fair, I had a rental that week so I didn't immediately recognize it.  That's my excuse any way. Not sure what HER excuse was several days later when, once again we had been out to the store, and arrived home when she said "Someone is here".  I then looked at her like SHE had grown and extra head and informed her that was MY car parked in the driveway.

We are now religiously taking our Ginko. At all not sure it helping is.  Cripes now I sound like Yoda!

No comments:

Post a Comment