Quotes I like:

“Not all those who wander are lost.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien

Thursday, October 28, 2010

I don't want to hear it


I have tried to enjoy life on the farm and not think about a) what is going on in the world; b) what is going on in my life or my family's, or c) almost anything else which could be negative in any way.  I have tried to take a mental vacation from the stress and worries of daily life.  If there were any sand here I'd stick my head in it.  Unfortunately, there is television and the Internet here so I do get to occasionally hear about the outside life. Not to mention that it is election time and the television is full of political ads which are negativity to nth degree.

It seems that the planets have aligned themselves to create as much havoc as possible now. In addition to the general upheaval of the country over politics, several of my friends are going through some personal hell right now all of which has been visited upon them by others rather than occurring of their own volition. Which brings me to the point--whatever is going on I WANT IT STOPPED! NOW!   I have decided that everyone has lost all sense of propriety, good reason, etiquette, fairness and civility. I honestly feel like we need a very large mother to come and spank a whole lot of folks for general bad behavior.  If my mother were alive today she would not be tolerant of the name calling, backbiting, mud slinging, whining, tattling and overall pitching of fits I have seen on large and small levels going on everywhere.  Believe me, I know how she would handle behavior like this---with a sharp warning which, if unheeded would result in getting hit with whatever was available--wooden spoon, hairbrush, ruler, flyswatter or just her hand. I don't know who raised these people, but it was not my mom. I remember hearing that a whole generation of children raised by parents who embraced the methods touted by Dr. Spock would result in some terrible adults. I think I am seeing them now.  Adults acting like 3 or 4 year olds on a playground.  If things don't go their way they will blame others, lie, name call, threaten, bully or have a tantrum.  I wonder where all the adults have gone. People who can sit down and work together to come to a solution that is equitable and meets the needs of the general good.  People who can hold a discussion on topics without resorting to screaming. People who can handle responsibility.  I am really tired of it all.  So in memory of my mom I have the following to say:

STOP IT NOW AND I MEAN IT!

IF YOU CAN'T PLAY NICE YOU WON'T GET TO PLAY AT ALL.

REMEMBER TO SHARE.

DON'T MAKE ME COME IN THERE!

ACT LIKE LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.

YOU DON'T ALWAYS GET TO HAVE YOUR OWN WAY.

and finally:

I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT!

Thank you mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment